Photo from Honest Beverages
I'm currently obsessed with Honest Ade drinks. I was drinking Superfruit Punch each morning but the deli I stop in ran out (probably because of me) and I've moved on to Pomegranate Blue. It's organic, "just a tad sweet" as they say, caffeine free, and has 200 mg of antioxidants. Only 12 grams of sugars -- and none of the bad stuff. Cafe Cynthia is even a fan and she knows her juices. It's very refreshing.
It's an expensive habit for me to buy them each morning at the deli ($1.75 per bottle), but it's so good. I need to buy in bulk somewhere because it's not heavy and syrupy like other pomegranate drinks I've had and well, it's not bad for me. Oh and the Blue is for a touch of blueberry. Of course I'd love to get some fresh pomegranate fruit and eat that, too. Maybe next grocery store run.
Health Central lists the many health benefits of pomegranates.
Finding have included that pomegranates are:
- rich in antioxidants and helps keep bad cholesterol from oxidizing.
- similar to aspirin in that they help keep blood platelets from clumping together to form unwanted clots.
- helpful in improving oxygen levels in patients with heart disease if they had eight ounces of pomegranate juice daily for three months.
- sexy! Long-term consumption of pomegranate juice may help combat erectile dysfunction.
- thought to help prevent prostate cancer or slow its growth.
- believed to reduce the risk of breast cancer.
- relievers of arthritis by reducing inflammation.
- said to calm diarrhea.
Important note: Pomegranate juice may interfere with certain medications, so ask your doctor.
Do you drink pomegranate juice? What is your favorite brand?