I'm not sure how or even why news outlets come up with this stuff, but according to several sources and studies, supposedly:
I don't know about you, but this news makes me...well...sad!
Several reasons for women's collective unhappiness have been offered, including:
- Women are overly stressed trying to balance kids, home responsibilities, work, etc.
- Women carry a bigger burden at home (cooking, cleaning, child-care, etc.).
- More women are entering male-dominated fields at work and, therefore, tend to be more stressed.
- When compared to men, women are harder on themselves and take things more personally.
- Women are "hormonally more complicated and biologically more vulnerable."
- Women are pressured to slow the aging process while men become more attractive as they age.
Hmmm...not sure if I buy all these reasons...
What do you think? Are the men in your life happier than you are? Are men happier than women?