We've all been in this spot: There's a wedding, party, or dinner coming up, but no way this body's gonna squeeze into that size-too-small sexy black dress and still look good. Need to drop some serious pounds fast.
The health experts will tell you it's unsafe to drop more than a pound or two a month, but tell that to a woman on a mission! And there's yet another drawback to fast weight loss: the pounds will come back eventually.
An anonymous mom in Answers: Diet & Fitness is attending her son's wedding in six weeks and needs to shed a good 10 pounds quickly. Moms answered her not with tips for starvation diets and drastic exercise routines, but with some really sound and healthy advice:
- Cut out soft drinks, refined sugar, eat lots of fresh fruit and steamed veggies, eat baked fish or chicken, drink lots of water and green tea. Make sure you eat breakfast, which jumpstarts your metabolism to burn more calories throughout the day.
- Eliminate breads, potatoes, rice, and pasta completely! Eat only cereals with super high fiber and eat them RARELY. Stick with lean meats like chicken breasts, lean cuts of beef and fish, eggs, plenty of fresh or steamed veggies, salads, lowfat cheese, and sugar-free jello.
- Eat three meals a day plus three snacks. Drink water or decaf tea only and plenty of it! At LEAST 64 oz. a day! If you don't cheat, you should be able to lose the weight you want.
- Bikram yoga (hot yoga). You would never know I had a baby.
- Cardio cardio cardio! Run, jog, use the elliptical machine at the gym, or bike. This in addition to eating lean meats, fruits, veggies, and whole grains should do it. Don't starve yourself or your body will go into starvation mode (and you'll probably faint at the wedding).
What healthy eating and exercising strategies help you lose weight the fastest?