Photo from Taco Bell
You know you shouldn't, but you can't resist. Eating fast food is easy, cheap, and let's face it—it can be yummy. I craved McDonald's French Fries throughout my pregnancy, and since my motto is "everything in moderation," I saw no reason not to indulge on occasion.
To burn off the 410 calories in a Taco Bell Burrito Supreme, Beef, you'd have to dance for 70 minutes. Biking for 77 minutes will take care of a large order of fries from Wendy's.
Here are some more popular fast foods—and an example of the exercise you have to do to burn them off.
1. Dunkin Donuts Chocolate Frosted Donut (230 calories): 59 minutes of walking (3 mph).
2. McDonald's Egg McMuffin (300 calories): 32 winutes of running (5 mph).
3. Panera Chocolate Chipper (440 calories): 62 minutes of biking (10-11.9 mph).
4. One slice of a Pizza Hut Large Hand-Tossed Style Cheese Pizza (320 calories):
39 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).
5. Starbucks Cinnamon Roll (500 calories, varies by location): 85 minutes of dancing.
6. Burger King Original Whopper With Cheese (770 calories): 94 minutes of swimming (slow to moderate laps).
7. Au Bon Pain Chocolate Chip Brownie (380 calories): 129 minutes of Hatha yoga.
8. 1/2 cup of Häagen-Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream (270 calories): 29 minutes of running (5 mph).
Note: The minutes of exercise are averages based on a 155-pound person. If you weigh more, you'll burn more calories per minute.
What do you think? If you're dieting, is the exercise you'd have to do after eating one of these foods worth the indulgence?