Photo by SamsMa07
It's getting hot out and the kiddos want to go swimming. Use the time at the pool to catch up on perfecting that beach bod (if they're older and don't need constant supervision).
- Jog in place: Raise those knees high!
- Tick-tock hop: Jump from side to side with your feet together.
- Knee twist: Bring your right elbow towards your left knee, connecting at your waist. Alternate sides.
- Squat jump: Squat down with arms extended at shoulder height; jump as high as possible while raising arms overhead.
- Bicycle: Lean with back against side of pool, arms outstretched at edge. "Pedal" legs at surface.
- Flutter kick: Hold onto edge of pool, arms extended; kick legs quickly.
- Pendulum swing: In the bicycle position, extend legs in front of you. Swing up and over to the right, then left, keeping them together and underwater.
- Crunch: Again, in the bicycle position, extend legs, keeping feet together. Pull both knees into chest. Return to starting position.
- Outer-thigh lift: Stand with left side near wall, feet together, holding edge with left hand. Lift right leg out to side. Do 20 reps on each side.
The water acts as a natural resistance, so you're strengthening your muscles more so than if you were to do these exercises on land.
Have you tried water exercises?