MyTwoAngels0608's exercise partners
If you're like me, lifting isn't your favorite workout. But recently, I found out that lifting weights can help you lose those last pounds. I've been trying to do it.
Luckily, we don't need expensive exercise equipment if we have a baby. MyTwoAngels0608 is getting into shape with the following workout she made up herself. (Grab your little one!)
She usually does three sets of 10 repetitions for each exercise below, holding her 3-month-old under his arms.
- Lie on your back and do bench presses
- Standing or sitting, hold Baby in front for bicep curls
- Standing or sitting, lift Baby from waist height up over your head until arms are fully extended.
- Squats holding Baby
- Lie on your back and get in the position for crunches with your knees up toward your chest. Lay Baby on your shins and lift at the knee up and down. (Bonus: Babies usually laugh.)
- Stretch afterward with your toddler--ask her to be your mirror.
My baby is big, so I'll definitely work up a sweat thanks to him. I'll let you know how it goes.
In the meantime, do you lift weights? Why or why not?