There's old school hits like Richard Simmons' Sweatin to the Oldies and Jane Fonda's New Workout, racier picks like Carmen Electra's Aerobic Striptease, and intense routines a la Billy Blanks' Tae Bo...with all the options out there, how do you know which workout DVD/video is right for you? I asked Cafe Mommers for their recommendations.
- Apr1l: "I like Winsor Pilates, its not high impact, but it gets the sweat rolling off my nose (the advanced one)...I haven't done it since I got pregnant so the beginner one is really gonna hurt!" Mari Winsor: Pilates, $10.99, Amazon
- LvngMamatoJacob: "I personally don't use a DVD, but I use the My Fitness Coach for the Wii. I love it! I usually can start to sweat pretty hard within the first 10 minutes. I usually do 75 minutes and it gives me a good workout." My Fitness Coach, $29.99, GameSpot
- Donnaclay: "Jillian Michaels the 30 day shred. I received it yesterday and she don't play!" 30 Day Shred, $8.86, Walmart
- AHappyMommii: "I love the P90X dvds and biggest loser" P90X Extreme Home Fitness DVD set, $131, Amazon; The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Boot Camp, $8.99, Amazon
- JaR123: "I have several...I put it in another post. I really enjoy dance workouts and my current fav. is hip hop abs- plus shaun T is easy on the eyes and funny- and core rhythms. They both are fun enough that I want to exercise." Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs, $59.95, Ultimate Fitness Gear
- GPSGKR: "I use Denise Austin. She is on every morning and I love her. I also use my Wii and that's great too!!" Denise Austin 'Get Fit Daily Dozen,' $9.95, Denise Austin Store
(*All prices are subject to change)
What's your favorite workout video, program DVD, workout show, or Wii game?