Angel Williams at New York Sports
My awesome fitness instructor helps me stick to my workout goals. She's always positive, energetic, funny and great at the moves. Angel Williams, group education coordinator at New York Sports Club in Montclair, NJ, is a total exercise inspiration to me and hundreds of moms in New Jersey. Today, she shares her favorite move from our Tuesday abs class.
You'll feel the burn with this one. But The L Shape is definitely blasting my booty. I notice a big difference in my rump's shape, size, squishiness and girth because I do the L Shape regularly.
Here are the how-tos from Angel.
1. Sit straight up, feet flexed. Almost like you're going to touch your toes. Fall to your right side, so you are lying on the floor on your side in the L position. Extend your right arm so your head is resting on it. (I always feel like a kid from Sesame Street, moving my body into the letters of the alphabet.)
2. Raise your top left leg about 3 inches from the right foot, just to hip level. Move your foot forward just a bit so it's parallel with your face.
3. Point your toe toward the floor with your heel angled up. Tap your toe to the floor from that position. Point it back and forth.
4. Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions. "This is an excellent glute burner and shaper," Angel reminds us because you will feel this move. In a good way, of course.
5. Rest for 10 seconds between sets, then stretch. Bring your right knee into your chest and hold to lengthen your abductors and glutes.
6. Now do the same move on your left side for 3 sets of 15 reps. Rest for 10 seconds, then stretch.
7. Pat yourself on the booty, I mean back, for doing a great job.
Want another move, check out Angel's recent tips for doing the Plank Position, too.
Do you think it's easier to workout when someone--a friend, relative, fitness instructor, your Wii trainer--inspires you?