When I'm trying to diet, disaster just one bowl of ice cream away. If I get weak and eat a sundae, I usually justify it by saying I'll eat healthier the next day. I also vow to do more exercise.
But exactly how much will some foods cost me in serious exercise?
Teresa Lendino, a personal trainer from Life Time Athletic in Florham Park, New Jersey did the snack math.
- 2 slices of cheese pizza (544 calories) = 45 minutes of rock climbing
- Nachos (833 calories) = 1 hour 20 minutes of spinning
- 1 dozen BBQ chicken wings (625 calories) = 2 hours 10 minutes of swimming
- 1 super hero sandwich (923 calories) = 1 hour 15 minutes of basketball
- 2 small chocolate chip cookies and a brownie (702 calories) = 2 hours of Pilates
Do you try to make up for it if you veer off the healthy eating track?