lindz221 and her man.
This article in Redbook gives enlightening insight into the 5 Ways to Be a Super Happy Couple.
Psychologist Tina Tessina, author of How to Be a Couple and Still Be Free, said in the piece and says, "If you're really interested in making your relationship work, little rituals are a great way to do it."
Here are 5 things super happy couples do every day.
- Talk. Happily married couples typically say their relationships work better when they can sit down and gab one-on-one like thinking, feeling adults. Check in with each other several times a day to see how you both are doing.
- Flirt. Most couples realize that having sex every night isn't possible. In fact, a 1994 University of Chicago survey of Americans' sexual habits found that only about a third of adults have sex more than once a week. If you can't hit the sack every day, flirt. Compliment the way the other looks, toss out fantasies and make sweet, sexual jokes.
- Act silly. Kick back, relax and laugh together. Either tell jokes, watch a silly reality TV show or share something humorous that happened during your day.
- Be independent. Do your own thing at least once every day. The point, naturally, is not to make space for each other in that I-can't-wait-to-get-away-from-you sort of way but to pursue your own hobbies and interests.
- Share spirituality. In another University of Chicago survey, this one of married couples,
75 percent of the Americans who pray with their spouses reported that
their marriages are "very happy" (compared to 57 percent of those who
don't). Those who pray together are also more likely to say they
respect each other, discuss their marriage together, and — stop the
presses — rate their spouses as skilled lovers.
For more tips on love and positivity, check out the private group Sweet Wives Sweet Husbands. Do you and your SO have daily rituals that make you happy? Or maybe you do some of the tips above.