Trisha Yearwood Lost 30 Pounds Thanks to This Stunning Realization

trisha yearwood cover of peopleCountry star and celeb chef Trisha Yearwood's speaking out about her recent notable weight loss in the new issue of People, and it's even more significant than we thought. She reveals she lost 30 pounds in the past four months. Wow!

In the interview, Trisha admits, "I don't think you can name one diet I haven't done. I'm that girl who buys every magazine where somebody's lost 30 pounds." But then, she had a realization that truly set her up to win at losing ...


She explains, "I guess a part of me didn't want to hear that it's just really hard work!" Ha! Oh, can I relate, sister. Can't we all!? We are so conditioned by media and advertising to think that it could be easy if we just had access to some big SECRET. But really, lasting, healthy weight loss entails putting in the work. Being devoted to your workouts and dedicated to a clean eating regimen with minimal "cheating" that doesn't throw you completely off-course.

It sounds like both of those healthy lifestyle habits came together for Trisha. As she noted when she first "debuted" her weight loss, her self-designed plan allows for splurging 10 percent of the time and eating low-fat, low-sugar foods the other 90 percent of the time. It sounds pretty harsh at first, but once you get the hang of it, you can't see yourself going back, because you feel so good

The other piece of the puzzle is Trisha's workout, which sounds like more play than work! She says Zumba classes at least three times a week, noting, "There's no way you never fall off the wagon. I fell in love with it!" Whoo! That's SO key. Just like anything else, you've got to enjoy the workouts you're doing -- or at least how they make you feel! -- to stick with it.

All in all, it sounds like Trisha's got a seriously down-to-earth, comprehensive plan. Being that she says she has a "strength I never had before" and "I feel like I can do anything," all that hard work seems so worth it.

What do you think of Trisha's plan? Would you try it?


Image via People

Read More >