The following is a post from our sponsor, Well+Good.
Co-founded by a busy mother of two, Well+Good’s newsletter provides essential fitness, health, and nutrition tips that you can easily fit into your hectic life.
Tip number one—supercharge your smoothies with superfoods! Smoothies are the perfect vehicle for nutrient-dense foods like kale, chia seeds, and avocado.
Here are some of Well+Good’s favorite go-to smoothie ingredients that will benefit both you and your children:
- Chia Seeds. Adding just 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to your smoothie delivers an extra 5 grams of fiber and 2 grams of omega-3s. Omegas are great for your skin and can help your kids develop healthy cognitive memory and performance function.
- Frozen Spinach. A freezer-aisle favorite, a cup of frozen spinach in your smoothie adds nutrients and a whopping 181 percent of your daily value of vitamin K, which is great for healthy bones. Spinach is also a great source of vitamin A and magnesium.
- Dates. Kids love sweet smoothies (so do we!). Rich in iron, dates are a healthy, natural alternative to other sweeteners.
- Avocado. Instead of using banana as a thickener, try avocado, which also has 35 percent more potassium than bananas. Did you know avocados are considered a complete protein, meaning they deliver all 10 essential amino acids?
- Carrots. Carrots are so convenient; you always have them in the fridge, but getting your kids to eat them is another story. Throw in a handful to sweeten up your smoothies and your kids will never notice all the extra vitamin A they’re getting!
Click here to get Well+Good’s Seven Sensational Smoothies “Cook” book, and you’ll also be subscribed to the newsletter!