Anyone who's watched Here Comes Honey Boo Boo knows that they aren't the healthiest stars around. From their butter soaked dinners to crunchy cheese balls, meal times are anything but balanced. Turns out, all those family favorites are not just wreaking havoc on their waistlines. Recently hospitalized with pancreatitis, Sugar Bear risks getting sick again if he doesn't ditch the fried foods, according to his doctors.
What is the fatty-food loving father to do? The compassionate woman mama June is, she reportedly said the family isn't going to change their menu for Sugar Bear. He'll just have to fend for himself the nights they feast on deep-fried goodies. Poor guy. Despite the temptation, he needs to make a change if he wants a long life and that means more than just diet fixes. Here are 10 things he can do now to ensure he sees Honey Boo Boo grow up.
- Get some sun. It doesn't just feel good, it does good. You get vitamin D from those rays and that can fight depression, heart disease, diabetes, and so much more.
- Lay off the fast food. It's loaded with artery-clogging fats.
- Floss. It's true. When you don't floss, you can get gum disease, and as improbable as it sounds, there is a link between that and heart attacks.
- If you drink, cut back on the beers. Indulging too much can lead to liver disease, not to mention all those extra calories.
- Watch the caffeine, especially in energy drinks. Large amounts can adversely affect your metabolism, rot your teeth, and cause osteoporosis.
- Guys' night. Hanging with your good friends or supportive family members can do wonders. Positive relationships are been shown to increase life expectancy.
- Exercise. Studies show that people who work out just three hours a week live longer than those who don't.
- Sex. One study said that men who had more orgasms live longer than those who don't get lucky very often.
- Learn to relax. Stress never did anyone any favors.
- Set goals for yourself. Nothing is more invigorating than working toward something that makes you proud.
What other things can Sugar Bear do?
Image via TLC