7 Easy Ways to Get Healthy This Year
I always hate the first few weeks of the new year, mostly because I live in Chicago, which means it's freezing cold and icy, and mostly because I'm sick to death of people in commercials who are all, "Let's diet! It's a new year!"
Not that I think that getting healthy, going to the gym, or watching what you shove down your gullet is a bad idea; on the contrary. It's just that going all balls to the wall, switching up everything in your life based on some arbitrary date is silly.
You can ALWAYS choose to switch it up - you don't need a resolution or a date on the calendar to do it! It's time to take charge of your health!
Here are some simple ways to get your healthy on all year 'round.
1) Switch out bad habits for good ones. Start small, don't plan to change your entire life in a week. Do something as simple as swapping nighttime cookies for nighttime vitamins.
2) Catch some Zzzz's. One of the most important things we can do for our minds and bodies is to make sure we're getting enough sleep on a regular schedule. Sounds boring, I know, but trust me - sleep is amazing for you.
3) Feed your mind. Keep your mind flexible and agile. Do crosswords, sudoku, start a new hobby, read a book about something you don't understand - anything that challenges you to think differently and exercise that brain of yours.
4) Change your activity up. I'm not suggesting you embark on a brand new fitness quest, but take the stairs, park farther away, and find a hobby you enjoy that allows you to be active.
5) Get organized. I'm not saying a whole revamp of your entire world, start small. Organize a kitchen cabinet. Purge yourself of stuff you don't need.
6) Get rid of clutter. That means mental clutter too! Make lists. Get a calendar and mark down important days. De-clutter your mind and your home. You'll find it boosts your mood.
7) Smile. Overlook some of the bad things that are going on in your life, and focus on the good. There are positives in nearly every situation, even if it doesn't feel like it. Staying positive can help in nearly every facet of your life!
What are some of the ways you're planning to get your healthy on?
Image via cheetah100/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts