5 Biggest Weight Loss Mistakes You're Probably Making
Trying to lose weight can be frustrating. You could have a killer week, feel like you're doing all the right things while making sacrifices to "stay on track," yet still not drop an ounce. While eating salads, Baby Bell cheese, Special K chips, and an abundance of nuts sure feels like the intake of someone who's on the weight loss track, it's unfortunately not always the case.
I get it, I've been there. In fact, I don't know a woman who hasn't. While you may be eating mostly the right stuff, there are certain saboteurs that could be destroying your weight loss efforts. Check out our list of the 5 most common mistakes that are ruining your weight loss:
1. You're not drinking enough water: Repeat after me: water is my best friend. As someone who struggles with getting enough water, I understand it's not always the most attractive option. When other zero-calorie drinks like Diet Coke are in the picture, I get distracted. The reality is, though, that water helps fill your stomach, making you less hungry, and aids in digestion.
2. You're not eating enough: I think everyone's immediate mindset when they want to drop a few pounds is cutting back on how much they're eating. The reality, though, is that if you aren't consuming enough calories during the day, your body will go into starvation mode trying to hold on to what it has. Your metabolism becomes sluggish, and that is NOT ideal for shedding pounds. Instead, chock your healthy diet full of extra fruits and vegetables that you can snack on all day long.
3. You're eating healthier items, but TOO much of them: Too much of a "good" thing could be detrimental to your progress. Greek yogurt, for example, is packed with protein that plain old yogurt is missing. But eating three of them a day, that's more calories than a Whopper! Helps you put things in perspective, eh?
4. You're avoiding the gym: Just because you're eating healthy doesn't mean you can skip out on getting the necessary cardio in. Doing small things, like parking your car farther from the grocery store or taking the stairs at work rather than the elevator, that will help. But adults should be getting 20 to 60 minutes of vigorous intensity exercise three days per week. Grab a buddy, and get to sweatin'!
5. You're not getting enough sleep: Next to water, your bed should be your other best friend. The more sleep you get, the more satisfied you'll be during the day after you eat. Crazy enough, a lack of sleep stimulates your appetite. You don't have to tell me twice to spend some quality time with my pillow!
Are you guilty of committing any of these weight loss mistakes?
Image via mini true/Flickr
Piping Hot Posts