5 New Year's Resolutions Every Mom Should Make
Being a parent is a tough gig. Whether it's staying up all night with a teething baby or trying to juggle time between soccer practice and a gymnastics meet and getting your kids fed, there's a ton of stress. Sometimes, it seems never ending.
"They grow up so fast," people exclaim, when you tell them how tired you are, as though that's somehow going to negate the guilt you already feel for not enjoying every! second! of parenthood!
In that vein, here are the top five new year's resolutions each parent should make this year.
1) I will not feel guilty about not being Wonder Woman. Just because I grew up wearing a Wonder Woman training bra does not mean I need to -- or can -- do all of the things all of the time. I am one person and I refuse to allow guilt to ruin my life.
2) I will incorporate physical activity into my everyday life. I don't need a gym membership -- I can simply park farther away, do some yoga on my Wii Fit, and make sure to get up every 45 minutes and work out at my desk.
3) I will make time each day that's my own. Whether that means a 20-minute drive alone, a hot bath, time at a real (gasp!) gym, or time to read a book, I need some time to be me.
4) I will not tolerate those who treat me poorly. Whether it's my friends, my family, or my husband, I will not stand for it. It's not good for me, and it's not good for my children to watch someone else treat me poorly. It will stop now.
5) I will accept that I do not enjoy every moment of parenting and I will embrace it. Nothing is perfect, why would parenting be any different? I will savor the fun times and handle the others with grace and dignity, but never again will I feel shame for not enjoying every moment.
What are YOUR resolutions for the new year?
Image via mommywantsvodka
Piping Hot Posts