As mothers, all of the holiday focus is, of course, on the kids. But don't we deserve some holiday goodness, too? Of course we do!!!
I asked my mommy friends what they were hoping for this holiday season and most of them had the same ideas: Sleep and using the bathroom alone topped the list. But you can't buy those. (Or, if you can, please tell me where!)
Below were the most popular realistic mom-requested gifts this season. If you're looking to spread some Christmas cheer to a mom you know, take a look. I don't know a single mom who wouldn't appreciate any of them, myself included ...
1. A night or two in a hotel room. Alone. No husband, no kids, nobody but me.
2. A massage. From someone other than a child of mine paid a dollar to do it.
3. A new camera to torture my children with.
4. A Keurig. Isn't that a Mommy necessity or something?
5. Some new bras that I don't need to physically stuff my boobs into.
6. A bottle of wine, the size of my Christmas tree.
7. An iPad. For me, me, and only me! NO, I WILL NOT SHARE, CHILDREN!
8. Jewelry. The more sparkles, the better.
9. Babysitting services so I can nap, shower alone, or actually, you know ... get clean.
10. A vibrator. And then a lock for the door.
Image via Jill Smokler