Arm flab anyone? I just recently noticed that I have this problem. What's up with this stuff called aging? So I was pretty excited to see Cafe MicheleZ's recent post on shirts that work like arm bras in Beauty & Style. I've got to order one of those, but I've also got to get off the couch and tone my arms.
Fortunately, I found this upper arm workout I can do in 10 minutes a day.
Health.com says you can tone your arms today with this 10-minute workout borrowed from Leandro Carvalho’s Brazilian Upper Cuts class at Equinox Fitness in New York. Do it 2 to 3 times a week.
The best part about his workout is that you don't even need weights--you can use your own body for resistance.
Sideways Floor Push for triceps
1. Lie on a mat on your left side with your left leg bent slightly behind you and your right leg extended diagonally from your hip. Wrap your left arm around your waist and bend your right arm, putting your right hand on the mat near your left shoulder.
2. Keep your feet on the mat and your left arm wrapped around your waist, extend your right arm (don’t lock your elbow) and push your body up; lower your body to complete the rep. Do 24 reps, then switch sides and repeat. Work up to 2 sets.
Crab Sit With Dip for triceps
1. Sit with your legs bent and feet shoulder-width apart on the mat in front of you. Put your hands on the mat behind you, directly beneath your shoulders, with your fingers facing forward. Without locking your elbows, extend your arms to raise your hips as far as you can off the mat.
2. Keeping your butt slightly off the mat, bend your arms, pointing your elbows behind you (be sure the movement comes from your arms, not your hips); extend your arms to complete the rep. Work up to 2 sets of 24 reps.
Reverse Curls for biceps
1. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, holding a 5- to 8-pound dumbbell in each hand in front of your thighs, palms facing in.
2. Without bending your wrists, curl both hands to your shoulders, then lower them back down to complete the rep. Work up to 2 sets of 20 reps.
Do you have any tips for getting rid of upper arm flab?