Want to know how typical your bedroom encounters are?
Of course, try not to compare yourself too much because there's a wide range of perfectly fine and fun frisky behavior.
But still, it's sooo interesting to know: How much sex is everyone having?
First off, she says, when it comes to sexual expression, people are very curious and concerned about just how well they fit in with the "average" Joe when it comes to their sexual desires, fantasies and practices. "While I would warn anyone to take results with a grain of salt, we can learn a lot about what people are into, or not, from the research," she adds.
Here are a few juicy stats she found.
- Men think about sex every 7 seconds.
- The average sexual encounter lasts 3 to 10 minutes.
- Half of the people could not recall the first and last name of every person with whom they’ve had sex.
- 2 percent of men and 7 percent of women said that they have answered a call or e-mail while having sex.
- The New England Journal of Medicine found that 34 percent of men and 10 percent of women have told a lie to have sex.
- Most people have sex 1 to 2 times a week, according to The Kinsey Institute.
CafeMoms divulge the details of their sexual lives in the private group Hot and Steamy Sex Advice. Plus, they give each other great tips.
Why is it so fun to hear what others do? Do you share your sex secrets with your friends?