Turns out Madonna really is a "Material Girl." The queen of pop shelled out a whopping $2 million on a new home gym designed for her NYC mansion, which hosts, among other rooms, 13 bedrooms, a closet just for her luggage, and a hair salon -- gulp!
According to the British Mirror, Madonna is adding another floor to her pad to accommodate a dazzling, full-service gym that promises to keep her arms, abs, butt, and legs looking just as they are -- toned and lean -- because this is a top priority to the mega rock star and mother of three.
"If I have to go out on stage and, you know, jump around in a pair of hot pants, I better look good, and also when I perform I'm like an athlete and I have to be in good shape," Madonna told Contact Music.
Madonna's gym will reportedly host wall-to-wall mirrors, mint exercise equipment (Pilates machine, treadmills, stair climbers, and an A-to-Z weight center and bench area). Well, good for her. But not for me. I can't afford a treadmill, let alone a gazillion-dollar gym.
If we're on the same page, try my exercise regime -- it works for me!
- I walk/run 2 miles a day, stroller + toddler in tow.
- I often sit on a workout ball while writing or watching TV -- this strengthens the core!
- Even though my son likes to jump on me when I do crunches, I still get them in every other day.
- We live on the third floor and take the stairs whenever we don't have to lug groceries in with us.
- I suppose running around the park after my son counts, too! Sure it does.
Madonna has the works in her apartment, but how do you stay fit and lean without hitting up a top-notch gym? Please share your ideas.
Photo via mohofstrand/Flickr