Ballet shoesSince January, I've been working out regularly. Incorporating exercise into my life has opened my eyes to all sorts of activities I can (and should!) attempt now that I have more faith in myself.
Here's a list of five activities I'd like to try, things I never thought to do before this year.
1. Zumba. Admittedly, I have very little idea what Zumba actually is except a dance of some sort? And I like dance! I really like dance! I'd like to get out of my comfort zone and take an honest-to-goodness dance class for the first time in years!
2. P90X. I hear wonderful (and scary!) things about this workout. Mainly, I hear it works. I'd love to try it one day.
3. Tennis. I tried tennis ages and ages ago and ... sucked. But I didn't give it much of a chance, and I'd like to try it again.
4. Bikram yoga. I have this funny little quirk. I actually think the more I sweat, the more I've worked out. You can imagine how misleading this is for someone who lives in Texas. I think I've worked out checking the mail! So, I'd love to try Bikram yoga, because I know I'd enjoy it, and I know I'd leave feeling like I got a great workout.
5. Ballet. I danced in high school, and I absolutely loved ballet. I don't know if there are any available adult ballet classes in my area, but I'd like to find out. Just because I'm (much) older and (much, MUCH) more out of shape than I was in high school shouldn't stop me from doing what I enjoy doing.
What new activity would you like to try?
Image via Aussie Gall/Flickr