Toddler Dies After Mom Allegedly Lets Him Drink Bong Water (VIDEO)

A mother charged with allowing her 2-year-old son to ingest fatal doses of methamphetamine and bong water has pleaded not guilty to a charge of first degree manslaughter. Several people were reportedly doing drugs at Alyia Iverson's home when she allowed her toddler to drink bong water. She then reportedly put him to bed but, when he became fussy, put him on the floor. Later, he was found dead.


Toxicology reports concluded that the little boy had THC, the active ingredient in marijuana, and enough meth in his system to kill an adult.

The really messed up part is that Iverson had a long history of questionable parenting. She lost custody of her son in 2011 but later got him back, only to have him die in December 2012.

Additionally, she was being "monitored" by child social service workers since 2009 because of dozens of complaints by family she was mistreating the little boy and his older sister.

Apparently she was not concerned about being monitored, given that she was doing drugs at home around the children and reportedly watched while her son drank her bong water. It's unclear if she knew he'd ingested meth or how he did it.

This little boy had a chance to be saved, to be taken away from this home, and given to someone who would love him and raise him well. That tragically didn't happen for him.

A neighbor says the boy was neglected and always "reaching out for attention." So sad. The ball was completely dropped here on this little boy, and he had the misfortune to be born into a terrible situation.

Could CPS have done more?


Image via

Read More >