Packing a lunch day after day can be tricky -- especially if there's no refrigeration available. You don't want the food to spoil so options are limited. But that doesn't mean your kids (or you) should go hungry or have to eat the same thing every day.
Here are six creative ideas -- that don't require refrigeration -- to help break your family out of the boring lunchtime routine.
1. Almond butter and sliced banana sandwich on whole wheat; carrot sticks.
2. Apple, celery sticks, whole wheat crackers, and peanut butter; Laughing Cow cheese.
3. Hummus and whole wheat pita; fresh berries.
4. Thermos with soup, pasta, or rice; grapes.
5. Multi-grain tortilla chips and salsa; banana; orange; canned protein shake.
6. Vegetable salad with oil and vinegar on the side; trail mix with nuts and dried fruit.
What do you typically bring for lunch? What do you pack for the kids?