How do you bake cupcakes inside of an ice cream cone? It's a lot easier than you might think especially with these helpful tips. Check 'em out before your next party...
1. Prepare cake batter—either from scratch or using your favorite boxed cake mix.
2. Fill ice cream cones 1/2- to 3/4 full with batter. Place cones in muffin/cupcake pan. Or, stand the cones inside a deep roasting pan, using wadded aluminum foil to hold them in place.
3. Very, VERY carefully, place the pan in oven, and bake according to directions for cupcakes.
4. Cool cupcakes, and decorate as desired.
A couple tips for ice cream cone cupcakes:
- To keep cones from getting soggy, don't store in an airtight container. Also, wait until the last minute before frosting.
- For easy transport: Fill the bottom of plastic cups with small candies (M&M's, Skittles, etc.). Place each ice cream cone cupcake in a cup; the candies will keep the cone from toppling over.
Have you ever made ice cream cone cupcakes?