Buying wine can be intimidating—especially if you don't know what you are looking for or even what you like to drink. Lots of people have told me that if they have to buy a red or white wine, they choose a bottle based on which one has the "prettiest label." Hmmm...I can see why that decision-making process is tempting, but labels have nothing to do with how the bottle will taste. If you find yourself in the wine aisle or liquor store with no idea what to do, refer to this list of favorite wines from fellow CafeMoms—most are under $10!
- 3_Ring_Circus: I love Honeywood wines, especially the Mead Honey Wine. I also love Chateau Ste. Michelle and Columbia Crest.
- Shay1130: Try J. Roget Spumante—it's cheap and made in California. It's a sparkling wine...the Spumante is the sweetest.
- Tangyh: I like Martini and Rossi Asti Sparking Wine. It is about $12 a bottle and very sweet—not dry at all! (Moms actually recommended this wine several times.)
- Wildprairierose: I recommend Firestone. It is a drier wine, with a beautiful taste. Try it with some Italian food or perhaps on a picnic with some French bread, hard cheeses and some meats, throw in some strawberries or melon.
- NotPanicking: For whites, I prefer Beringer White Zinfandel, (though, my favorite is the Shiraz, which is not as sweet).
What's your favorite inexpensive wine to drink? Do you prefer red or white?