We always have a surplus of candy canes at my house during the holidays, do you? That's why I fascinated by the idea of melting down the candy canes into peppermint syrup...
I can think of so many uses for candy cane syrup:
- Flavor hot chocolate or other warm beverage.
- Serve over chocolate ice cream.
- Pour over chocolate chip whole grain pancakes.
- Mix with Sprite or alcohol for a holiday cocktail.
- Flavor chocolate truffles.
Packaged in a lovely vintage bottle, it would be a beautiful homemade gift to someone. Or, you could simply keep it for yourself!
Check out Storybook Woods for the easy recipe.
Have you ever made candy cane syrup?