The Best Holiday Shortcuts to Keep You Sane
by Kim Conte
December 8, 2009 at 7:00 AM
in Food & Party
Feeling stressed this holiday season? Here are a few shortcuts to help you simplify and survive the holidays this year.
- Scale down the festivities. Instead of hosting a big dinner on the holidays, plan a more low-key get-together with drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Make it a potluck, and ask each guest to bring a dish.
- Cheat on holiday cookies. Buy pre-made, refrigerated cookie dough, use holiday cookie cutters, and decorate yourself. They'll taste just as good as the homemade version.
- Cut down on holiday baking. Host a cookie exchange, and you and your friends will end up with more holiday cookies than you'll know what to do with.
- Put your guests to work. No time to decorate? Host a tree-trimming party, and you'll have the house decorated in no time.
- Save time, and paper. Send out personalized E-Cards instead of the traditional holiday cards.
- Simplify your wrapping. When it comes to gift wrap, simple but elegant is the way to go. Buy a ream of brown butcher paper to wrap gifts and tie with a variety of festive ribbons.
Do you have any holiday shortcuts to share?
Best Tips to Lighten Holiday Desserts?
Cheap Wines for the Holidays
Quick Appetizers for the Holidays
Click "Like" if you love Christmas!