Feeling stressed this holiday season? Here are a few shortcuts to help you simplify and survive the holidays this year.
- Scale down the festivities. Instead of hosting a big dinner on the holidays, plan a more low-key get-together with drinks, appetizers, and desserts. Make it a potluck, and ask each guest to bring a dish.
- Cheat on holiday cookies. Buy pre-made, refrigerated cookie dough, use holiday cookie cutters, and decorate yourself. They'll taste just as good as the homemade version.
- Cut down on holiday baking. Host a cookie exchange, and you and your friends will end up with more holiday cookies than you'll know what to do with.
- Put your guests to work. No time to decorate? Host a tree-trimming party, and you'll have the house decorated in no time.
- Save time, and paper. Send out personalized E-Cards instead of the traditional holiday cards.
- Simplify your wrapping. When it comes to gift wrap, simple but elegant is the way to go. Buy a ream of brown butcher paper to wrap gifts and tie with a variety of festive ribbons.
Do you have any holiday shortcuts to share?