I've been searching for quick and easy appetizers to make during the holidays, and came across these lovely goat cheese cigarettes from Morning by Foley. The only problem? The gorgeous Web site is in French, and the recipe isn't translating correctly. Can we "guess" how to make them?
I know the major ingredients: Phyllo dough, tomato sauce, and goat cheese. I just need help figuring out the step-by-step instructions.
Here's my best guess:
- Lie a sheet of phyllo dough on counter; brush with melted butter or olive oil.
- Spread a small amount of cheese along the bottom of the dough without touching the edge.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce on top of the goat cheese.
- Season goat cheese/sauce with salt and pepper. I'd probably throw in a few fresh herbs as well (basil, rosemary, etc.).
- Roll cigarette; brush with olive oil or butter.
- Repeat with other cigarettes.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden.
And be sure to check out Morning by Foley for an easy photo how-to about how to make those darling flags!
Agree with my detective work? How would you make these goat cheese cigarettes?