Do you ever make "ABC Pancakes" for your kids?
It's not only a fun breakfast treat; it's a great way to help the kiddos learn their letters. My mom used to spell out my sister and I's names in pancake batter—which was easy with my name (Kim), but a little trickier with my sister's (Kristin).
Here's how to do it:
- Make pancake batter as you ordinarily would: either with a mix or from scratch.
- Pour the batter into a Ziploc plastic bag.
- Clip off one of the corners of the bag (about 1/2-inch to 1-inch wide).
- Squeeze the batter onto skillet in whatever letter (or other shape) you desire.
- Cook pancakes as directed.
Do you make ABC pancakes for your kids?