How do you keep kids from eating too much candy on Halloween?
Fill 'em up with healthy food before they go trick or treating—like this adorable Skeleton Veggie Plate from Rookie Moms. Keep reading for even more healthy Halloween treats...
- Load the kids up on Vitamin C with Orange Jack-O-Lanterns (made with real oranges!) from Twirlit.
- Trick or Treat Trail Mix combines pretzel sticks, dried fruit, peanuts, and Halloween M&Ms (from WebMd.com).
- Who knew Paula Deen had healthy recipes, too? Check out her Applewiches on MomLogic.com.
- Sandra Lee's Screamin' Macaroni and Cheese (from Delish.com) is a sure-fire hit.
- Martha Stewart's Ghost of Monte Cristo Sandwiches are a great way to fuel up before a night out trick or treating.
- Kids will get a kick out of Recipezaar's Bugs in a Blanket (smoked breakfast sausages wrapped in dough).
And, if you don't have a chance to make a healthy treat and your kids do end up overloading on candy, is it really the worst thing? After all, Halloween only happens once a year.
What healthy treats do you make for Halloween?