My favorite thing about fall? Buying apples from the farmers' market.
My least favorite thing about fall? Biting into a mealy apple from the farmers' market.
Has this ever happened to you? If so, The Kitchn offers five ways to use mealy apples.
1. Make homemade applesauce. CafeMom's Recipe Swap group has some great recipes for homemade applesauce (must join group to view).
2. Bake whole apples stuffed with brown sugar, nuts, fruit, etc.
3. Prepare a sweet-savory apple sauce for pork. I love the recipe for Apple-Glazed Pork Roast in All About Autumn...(must join group to view).
4. It's not advised to use mealy apples in pie or crisp, but you can put them in things like muffins, scones, pancakes, cakes, etc.
5. Dry apples by microwaving thin slices.
What do you do with mealy apples?