Perhaps, if you are not a self-proclaimed Trader Joe's junkie, then you: a) are simply not ready to admit you are one, or b) you don't have a store near you.
The problem with Trader Joe's is it's hard to maintain focus. Hard to maintain focus on what you were shopping for in the first place and to maintain focus on the fact that you're there for family meals, not just delicious snacks by the bag or tub — or for flowers or a thousand kinds of dried fruits or...
What was I talking about?
These days I mostly skip or breeze through the frozen foods aisle at Trader Joe's. There's too much temptation, especially since right above the frozen fish and meats are all those shelves containing tubs of cookies and chocolate-covered lovables.
10 Trader Joe's Products We Currently Can't Live Without:
- Organic Oats & Flax Instant Oatmeal: Leo's favorite breakfast.
- Steelcut Oatmeal frozen singles: Sure beats standing for 30 minutes over the stove to make it from scratch.
- Fully Cooked Organic Brown Rice: See above.
- Roasted Tomato Salsa: Roasted flavor is yum. I put this on everything.
- Almond Butter, raw crunchy and unsalted: A new obsession.
- Chocolate Soymilk Boxes: For the kids' lunchboxes.
- Pollo Asado Autentico seasoned sliced chicken breast meat: Great grilled and made into tacos, quesadillas, or bean/chicken/brown rice bowls.
- Wheat Pizza Dough: For our every-Friday night pizza; toppings du jour.
- Wheat Walnut Bread: So good when really fresh and as toast thereafter.
- Pretzel Slims: A great snack, especially paired with a few squares of Trader Joe's dark chocolate.
I also just got Cooking With All Things Trader Joe's cookbook in the mail. Can't wait to give the recipes a try.
Think: Apricot Baked Brie, Perfectly Peared Gorgonzola Quesadillas, Savory Vegan Pate (spread made from nuts, seeds, fruits, and stuff), Asian Dumpling Soup, Life Is a Bowl of Cherries, Pine Nuts, and Spinach Salad, Pizza Bianca with Prosciutto and Asparagus, Mole Chicken Enchiladas with Pecans, Vegetarian Hummus and Lentils Wrap, Wilted Spinach with Attitude, Honey, I Ate the Chocolate Bread Pudding, Saffron Ice Cream, Almond Pudding.
Okay, stopping now. But you get the idea...and the idea is really yummy sounding.
So are you a Trader Joe's junkie? Don't worry...it's safe to admit it here.