Photo from NapkinFoldingGuide.com
Have you ever been to a dinner party where the hostess had elegantly folded the napkins so well that they looked more like works of art than something to wipe your mouth with?
I have, and I always wanted to learn how (attempting to teach yourself is near impossible).
If you want a fleur de lis in your goblet or diamond silverware pouch, then check out the Napkin Folding Guide website. It has step-by-step instructions for various kinds of folds, with pictures to help you along the way.
The one pictured above is the Candle Fan Goblet Napkin Fold. Here's how to create this look:
- Lay the napkin face-down in front of you.
- Fold both sides in so they meet at the center. Press the folds down well.
- Take each of the four corners (now sitting at the center of the far and near sides) and fold them out diagonally, pivoting at the center of the napkin as shown.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll the napkin half way along it's length. The tighter the better.
- Accordion-fold the other side of the napkin and gather it together.
- Fold the napkin in half with the roll in the middle.
- Place it into your goblet of choice and you're done!
Do you know how to do "fancy folds"?