I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!
Who doesn't love ice cream? And it's super hot outside. So why not have an ice cream social?
You know how I love themes, and I think a 1950s ice cream parlor theme would be a huge hit!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Play music from the 50s.
- Set up a black-and-white checkered dance floor. To do this, you can simply take a large piece of plywood, measure out the squares, then spray paint.
- As the hostess, you should absolutely don a poodle skirt!
- Set up an ice cream sundae bar and have each guest bring a topping. I'd just stick with the basic flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.
- Use a fondue or crock pot to keep the hot fudge and caramel warm.
- Feel free to serve other tasty treats such as root beer floats, ice cream soda, or ice cream sandwiches.
- For centerpieces, take an old-fashioned ice cream bowl and fill it with colorful candies.
- For games, have the kids play "Freeze Dance," and "Pin the Cherry on the Sundae." For adults, have a guessing game where you match the Ben & Jerry's flavors with their names.
Do you like this idea? What's your favorite ice cream sundae topping?