Don't miss the CafeMom Earth Day Party, which is going on all day today until 8 p.m. EST. Then check out these Earth Day Activities you can do with your kids...
Inhabitots suggests several kid-friendly activities for Earth Day (and every day!) to get your kids thinking green. Here are some of my favorites:
- Plant a tree.
- Go for a nature walk around your neighborhood, in a nearby park, or even in your own backyard.
- Find toys, books, and other items around the house that you don't use. Donate them to an organization or organize them for a Swap Party.
- Watch the new Disney film, Earth.
- Go to the Farmer's Market.
- Read books about nature—either buy used ones or visit the library. Good suggestions include: The Lorax, by Dr. Seuss, and Eliza and the Dragonfly, by Susie Caldwell Rinehart and Anisa Claire Hovemann.
How are you and your family celebrating Earth Day?