Do you want to make an ice cream cake that tastes as good as the ones at Dairy Queen or Baskin-Robbins?
The best thing about this simple recipe is that you can mix and match—layering whichever flavors of ice cream and toppings your family enjoys the most. SuperPickle says her family likes mint chocolate chip ice cream on the bottom, mint Oreos in the middle, and chocolate ice cream on the top. She also did one with strawberry and vanilla ice cream and Strawberry Milkshake Creme Oreos.
Ice Cream Cake Recipe
1. Butter the cake pan of your choice, then press wax paper over the bottom of the pan.
2. Allow ice cream to soften and spread it in the bottom of the pan until the pan is almost half-full.
3. Sprinkle with crushed Oreo cookies, then spoon hot fudge sauce (at room temperature) over the top. Set in freezer until frozen.
4. Remove from freezer and add second layer of softened ice cream. Smooth it evenly with the top of the cake pan. Return to the freezer and freeze until very hard.
5. Remove from freezer and frost with a mixture of equal parts ice cream and thawed frozen whipped topping beaten together. Return to freezer until serving time.
What flavors of ice cream and toppings would you use?