A sick husband and new puppy that's into everything have made this week something of a disaster. Therefore, please forgive me, but I didn't have a chance to cook a one-pot meal—or anything for that matter! In place of a recipe, I'd thought I post a helpful guide on where I find thousands of great one-pot recipes!
My favorite One-Pot Cookbooks include:
- Glorious One-Pot Meals: A Revolutionary New Quick and Healthy Approach to Dutch Oven Cooking ($12.21), by Elizabeth Yarnell: This seminal one-pot cookbook is a must for the one-pot chef.
- Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly: Healthy, Low-Fat Recipes for Your Slow Cooker ($10.85), by Phyllis Pellman Good: When I'm feeling unhealthy, I grab this cookbook off the shelf.
- Pillsbury: One-Dish Cookbook: More Than 300 Recipes for Casseroles, Skillet Dishes, and Slow-Cooker Meals: You can buy this one used on Amazon.com for only $0.69. Three hundred meal ideas for $0.69? What a deal!
- Tom Valenti's Soups, Stews, and One-Pot Meals: 125 Home Recipes from the Chef-Owner of New York City's Ouest and 'Cesca ($25.50), by Tom Valenti, Andrew Friedman, and Mario Batali: I've had my eye on this one for a bit. I can't bring myself to splurge, but I'm hoping maybe someone named Mr. Cafe Kim will get me this as a gift (hint hint!).
I also find great One-Pot Recipes online at these Web sites:
- Healthy One-Dish Meals from Epicurious.com
- Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals from FoodNetwork.com
- One-Pot Recipes from Recipezaar.com
And, of course, there are plenty of fantastic One-Pot Groups on CafeMom:
Do you have a one-pot recipe you think I should try for next week?