Happy New Year to you and your families! Many people don't believe in the tradition of making resolutions, but I look forward to it every year. I"ll share mine here in the hopes that you'll share yours as well!
- Be More Adventurous in the Kitchen: Not chicken again? I hope to never hear these words in 2009. Although on busy nights it's necessary to just go with the trusty dinner standbys (mac 'n' cheese, please!), I hope to find time in the coming year to cook things that I've either been too scared to cook or am unfamiliar with. Seems like a great time to tackle that souffle recipe I've been putting off!
- Clean My Kitchen: To be more adventurous in my kitchen, I would actually have to get around it. 2009 is as good of a time as ever to get rid of those silly gadgets I've never, ever used, discover what really lives on the top shelf my pantry, and clean out those age-old condiments festering in the fridge. Ick! Perhaps this is a project for later in the year...
- Have Better Posture: Even year I resolve to lose weight, eat better, exercise, etc. and then get frustrated two months into the year when I get overwhelmed by accomplishing my goals. This year with respect to my body, I'm starting with what I feel is a more reasonable goal: better posture. I'm sick of seeing myself in photos all slouchy and hunched. Plus, studies show good posture is important for physical, mental, and emotional health. That's why in 2009, I avow to stand straight and tall!
- Be a Better Party Guest: No more clinging to my usual group of friends at parties! I resolve to meet at least one new person at each party I attend in 2009. After all, a little uncomfortableness now and then is good for the character.
- Be Less Hard On Myself: This one will definitely come in handy about halfway through the year if and when I realize that I haven't quite followed-through on all of my resolutions!
What are your New Year's Resolutions?