Cheddar, brie, blue, or stinky...I don't care, just bring on the cheese! Cheese might just be one of my favorite things about the holidays. That's why I was so excited to see that Simply Recipes has an article about how to prepare a fabulous cheese board.
Keep reading for easy-to-follow tips on how to put together an impressive tray that your holidays guests are guaranteed to enjoy!
These tips are from Garret McCord who did a guest blog on Simply Recipes:
- Choose a diversity of cheeses so that your guests can try different types. I like to serve a trio of cheese, including one blue cheese, one hard cheese (like white cheddar, Parmesan, or mozzarella) and one soft cheese (like goat or brie).
- Purchase 2 oz. cheese per person. However, if you are serving fruit, crackers, bread, or other accompaniments with the cheese platter, you can figure a little less.
- Store cheese in the vegetable drawer in your refrigerator. Ideally, you should eat the cheese the day you buy it. However, it is difficult for most of us to do this. Therefore, the vegetable drawer is the best storage place for most cheese because the moisture there will keep it the freshest.
- Let cheese come to room temperature before serving. It will taste the best this way!
- Serve cheese with a few accompaniments for presentation, variety, and to enhance the flavor. Good options include bread, flat bread, fresh or dried fruit, nuts, wine, and even beer.
Be sure to check out Simply Recipes for even more cheesy tips!