Golden Corral Customer Claims He Found Rat's Head in Chili (VIDEO)

chili

Ah, chili, so warm and delicious on an autumn evening! Unfortunately, the beloved comfort food turned out to be anything but for one Florida man. Billy Wilson claims he knew from the first bite that something was wrong with the bowl of chili he ordered at a Golden Corral in Cape Coral. Feeling an odd crunch, the dad initially suspected he'd bitten into an undercooked bean. But what it turned out to be is beyond horrifying.

It sounds like an urban legend, but what Wilson spat out he says was the tiny gray head of a rodent -- complete with curly ears and a snaggletooth! (Are you gagging yet? I am!) 

Advertisement

More from The Stir: 5-Month-Old Chokes on Fingernail -- Found in His Baby Food

While it might sound like the ultimate Halloween prank, Wilson says the restaurant manager confirmed his stomach-turning suspicions. 

He inspected and was like, 'Wow that is a rat.' So he took pictures of it, moved it around a little bit, took pictures in different angles. He was like me; he was horrified.

The manager comped Wilson and everyone in his party and the franchise is currently investigating this claim. But just thinking about it is enough to make you sick, and that's exactly how Wilson felt. The next day he sought medical treatment for gastroenteritis and received medication to help ease his nausea and muscle spasms. 

As gross as it is to think about, it does make you wonder about a few things: How did a rat get in the chili? And where is the rest of it?? 

Ugh. I love chili but I think it might be a while before I sample some after hearing this story -- unless, of course, I've made it myself!

Have you ever made a terrifying discovery while dining out? 


Image © Norwood Browne, Angie/the food passionates/Corbis

Read More >