Whenever I think of barbecue ribs, I think about sweet, savory, sticky sauce that gets all over your face and hands! Fun, right? Sometimes. Other times? It's just a hassle. So lately I've been looking into recipes that require a great dry rub -- tons of spices and savory flavors that are rubbed right into the meat as a tenderizer. Mmmmm!
We tried this short ribs recipe at a recent family get-together and loved it:
Grilled BBQ Short Ribs With Dry Rub
Prep: 15 minutes
Chill: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Grill: 1 hour 35 minutes to 2 hours 5 minutes
Stand: 5 minutes
Foil packets make these ribs fall-off-the-bone tender and keep all the savory flavor inside.
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pounds beef short ribs (bone-in), trimmed of fat
- Ice cubes
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, plus additional for serving
- MIX the sugar, paprika, chili powder, salt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Rub all surfaces of meat generously with the dry mixture. Place ribs in the prepared dish in a single layer. Cover and chill the ribs in the refrigerator 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- PREHEAT grill to medium indirect heat. Center one-fourth of the ribs and 2 ice cubes on a sheet (12x18 inches) of Reynolds Wrap® Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil. Bring up foil sides. Double-fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make 4 packets.
- GRILL packets on a grill rack over medium (375°F to 400°F) indirect heat in covered grill 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until tender.
- OPEN packets carefully by cutting along top folds with a sharp knife, allowing steam to escape; then open top of foil packet. Brush ribs with 1/2 cup barbecue sauce. Continue grilling over direct medium heat, covered, 5 minutes more until browned and crisp, turning once.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce as desired.
REYNOLDS KITCHENS TIP:
Wrapping the ribs in foil helps keep all of the flavor right where you want it: in the ribs! Plus, cooking these in foil packets will help keep your grill clean. That way you can enjoy these delicious, tender, and juicy ribs without any worry of a sticky mess to clean up later.
Number of Servings: 4
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 389 cal., 18 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 108 mg chol., 1,039 mg sodium, 18 g carb., 2 g fiber, 14 g sugar, 36 g pro.
Daily Values: 30% vit. A, 2% vit. C, 4% calcium, 28% iron
Moms, what will you be grilling up for your family this season?