Well of course you can cook hot dogs in a Crock-Pot. This is a great trick, especially when you're feeding a crowd because you can cook several at one time. Just make sure you don't add water.
1. If you can, stand hot dogs on end in Crock-Pot.
2. Cover and cook for 2 hours on high, or 4 hours on medium.
A Busy Mom's Slow Cooker Adventures has a great method for cooking hamburgers.
1. Make a liner in the bottom with crumpled foil, then add about a cup of water.
2. Place your hamburger patties on top of that foil. To add more, cover your first layer of patties with foil and place more patties on that.
3. Cover and cook 2.5 hours on high or 4-5 hours on low.
This recipe for Crock-Pot barbecue ribs includes directions for getting crispy skin -- who knew you could do that with a slow cooker?
Use that same method for cooking hamburgers in a Crock-Pot for cooking these veggie burgers -- made with black beans, not weird factory stuff.
Here's a chicken kabobs recipe for the slow cooker, but you could swap in beef or pork if you prefer. Just cook red meat a little bit longer than chicken.
Real barbecue brisket can take hours over a grill or in a smoker. Or -- you can make that slow-cooking magic happen indoors with this Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Beef Brisket recipe.