Wouldn't you love to come home from work or picking up the kids from school and find dinner already waiting for you? That's why they invented crock-pots! But some slow cooker recipes can be a little daunting first thing in the morning with their long ingredients lists. It's not like you have SO MUCH time at the beginning of the day for prep work. That kind of defeats the purpose, right? So here are 5 simple crock-pot recipes that use just 5 ingredients, excluding salt, pepper, and garnishes, of course.
1. Crock-Pot Bacon Cheese Potatoes: Bacon, onion, potatoes, cheese and butter go into this delicious dinner the whole family will love. You could even leave out the bacon to make it simpler.
2. Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos: This is just chicken, taco seasoning, and Rotel, which is canned diced tomatoes and green chile peppers. You could probably find an equivalent to that at your own local grocery. Add your own favorite taco toppings when you're done.
3. Easy Crock-Pot Spaghetti Sauce: This recipe calls for both ground beef and sausage. But you can make it even simpler by using just one or the other. Boil your pasta once your sauce is done and you're ready to go.
4. Easy Crock-Pot Vegetables: It's so obvious, I don't know why it's never occurred to me before. You can cook frozen vegetables in your crock pot. Just add butter, seasonings, and a little water.
5. Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork: The secret to this easy dish is using pulled pork cooking sauce, but barbecue sauce would also be good. Once you've made this savory pork, all you need are buns and some coleslaw.
What's your favorite super-simple crock-pot dinner?
Images via Larry Hoffman/Flickr; ©iStock.com/matt6t6