This spring I've been going to a lot of parties. It's not just because I'm insanely popular (although I am), it's because spring and summer just happen to be times of year chock full of celebrations. There are weddings and baby showers and graduations galore! It's great to get together and party down with all and sundry, to be sure, but it can also be easy to lose your partying spirit after your third glass of prosecco.
That's where mocktails come in! I know, I know -- but seriously. Mocktails aren't just the provenance of ladies who are currently with child. You don't need to have banished booze from your sight to sip on a tasty-but-alcohol-free concotion. We've rounded up some of the most delicious, party-friendly, spring-has-sprung mocktail recipes around to help you get the party started. And, while Shirley Temples will always be delicious, these new recipes are bound to leave the classic boring ol' mocktails in the dust!
More from The Stir: Mocktails Perfect For The Pregnant Mama Toast
1. Cherryade: This ain't your mama's cherryade! ...I'm not quite sure what that means, but let's go with it. This scrumptious recipe combines bing cherries, lime, and soda for a sweet and saturated flavor explosion! Pow!
2. Sparkling Rosemary Limeade: YES. PLEASE. The aromatics of rosemary meet the tangy tart sweetness of limeade to treat a taste that's sooooo grown-up.
3. Ice Hot Chocolate: I'm sorry, but this includes an entire scoop of chocolate gelato. Why are we even discussing how amazing it is? GO FORTH AND MOCKTAIL IT!
4. Mango Margarita Cocktail: Ideal for your mexican fetes! Pour out a round and keep the nachos coming.
5. The Bee's Knees: This bracing, lemony concotion is one of my personal favorites. Honey and lemon, they do a body good, and keep you mad refreshed, yo.
Images via Taste Blog/