Key Lime pie is one of my favorite desserts. The only problem with it for me is that I usually want it in the dead of summer, when the last thing I actually want to be doing is spending hours in the kitchen and then even more hours waiting to eat a pie. By the time my ambitious key lime pie recipe is down I've usually already eaten my weight in Popsicles. Yes, even the orange ones.
That's where key lime ice cream pie comes in! This icy, scrumptious take on the old favorite is the real deal. That's right -- Popsicle meets ice cream meets key lime pie with this favorite! You can whip it up in under five minutes without breaking a sweat. Well, without continuing to sweat like a beast anyway. Once bite, and you'll be chilly, lime-tasting heaven!
Easy Key Lime Ice Cream Pie
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup lime juice (fresh or store-bought)
- 1 pre-made graham cracker crust
- Combine the first three ingredients until well-blended.
- Pour into prepared graham cracker crust
- Cover and place in freezer for 4 hours
- Take out an hour before serving.
What are your favorite summer desserts?
Image via Corbis