Toffee is one of my favorite guilty pleasures. When I spot a Heath Bar or a Skor Bar while I'm in line at the grocery store, or at the drug store, or in my dreams, I have a hard time NOT buying it and immediately consuming it as fast as humanly possible. Thankfully for me and my expanding-waistline (#foodbaby), toffee is also one of those things that's pretty difficult to make at home.
It's not impossible, and if you're willing to invest in a candy thermometer, and you have a lot of patience, you can whip up a batch of the sweet crunchy stuff whenever you want in the comfort of your own home. But that's just way too much work for me. That's why when I'm at home without my beloved Heath or Skor to provide me with comfort, I'm partial to the 3-Ingredient Toffee Cookie Bars.
Easy to make and even easier to eat -- these treats will make you a believer. Plus, with such a short recipe list and no baking to speak of, they are beyond user-friendly even if the kitchen is your enemy. Try them out today. If you make a double batch, you can put them in your freezer. They last forever!
3-Ingredient Toffee Cookie Recipe
- 1 package digestive biscuits (or other cookie of your choice)
- 1 jar caramel sauce, good quality
- 4 oz. crushed walnuts
- Lay out the biscuits or cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon or spatula, guide a small amount of caramel sauce onto each cookie.
- Sprinkle with crushed nuts to taste. If you aren't a nut fan, chocolate chips, raisins, or crushed peanut butter cups also work.
- Place in fridge uncovered for 2 to 4 hours.
- Eat, eat, eat! Keep leftovers covered in fridge, or in freezer for long-term storage.
What's your favorite candy to make at home?
Image via Lori L. Stalteri/Flickr