With the Super Bowl just around the corner, you're likely wondering what to make for the big game. I'm sure you've got the basics covered -- the dips, chips, wings, and brewskis -- but what's for dessert? Sure, you could just head over to the grocery store and buy a premade cake, but what's the fun in that?
You need to try this super cute Football Super Bowl cake. It's incredibly easy to make and guranteed to be the hit of the party!
Football Super Bowl Cake
- 2 boxes mix, and accompanying ingredients to make cake batter
- Pastry Bag with decorating tips
- football cake pan, or oval cake pan
- 9 x 13 inch rectangular cake pan
- 2 cups chocolate decorator icing
- 2 cups white decorator icing
- green food coloring
1. Preheat the oven as directed by the instructions on the cake mix.
2. Mix up both boxes of cake mix, pouring the cake batter from one mix into the football (or oval) shaped pan, and the batter from the second box of mix into the 9 x 13 inch rectangular pan. Slide the pans into the oven and bake as directed by the instructions on the cake mix box.
3. Divide the white decorator icing and mix 1 ½ cups of the icing with green food coloring to turn it green. Reserve the remaining ½ cup of white icing (you wil use this white icing later to make the details on the football cake).
4. Once the cakes are baked, turn them out of the pan let them cool for a a few minutes. Level the tops off with a knife.
5. Frost the rectangular cake with the green-colored icing.
6. Place the football-shaped cake on top and decorate with brown icing. Let icing set a bit, then top white icing as football "laces." Voila!
Image via mysimplysweet.com/Flickr