Being that it's winter (sub-degree weather over here on the East Coast!), most of us are likely staying in. And you know what that means: Eating. Lots and lots of cooking and eating.
So, in an effort to minimize your clean up, and minimize your belt's expansion, I found the most delicious low carb crock pot recipe. It's just as tasty as the "real thing", but with way less carbs and sugar. And it couldn't be easier to make.
Here's the best Low Carb Crock Pot Chili you'll ever have -- swear!
Low Carb Crock Pot Chili
- 1 pound of extra lean (93%) ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 large onion (1 cup chopped)
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (14 oz), with juice
- 1 can of tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can of low sodium beef broth (14 oz)
- 1 c hot water
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt (or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper
Mix it all up in the Crock Pot, turn on low heat and cook for 6-8 hours.
Image via rpavich/Flickr