Sometimes, late at night, I am hit with a double-whammy of cravings. Not only do I want a cookie, I want one fresh and warm from the oven. Luckily, I keep a pretty well-stocked pantry, so this isn't usually a trial. But sometimes I have to get creative.
What to do if the only thing sure to satisfy your hunger is a chocolate cookie, and you don't have any flour? You make these delicious, chewy, chocolatey cookies that -- miracle of miracles -- don't need the stuff! Shhhh, get baking -- you can thank me later.
More from The Stir: Toasted Marshmallow Hot Chocolate Recipe Will Melt Away Your Winter Blues
Double Chocolate Chewy Cookie Recipe
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 to 4 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Beat in two egg whites and the vanilla extract. (If it seems too thick, add another egg white or two)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto the prepared baking sheets in 12 dollops per cookie sheet.
- Bake about 14 minutes, until the tops are all crackly!
- Cool on wire racks -- then immediately eat all of them.
What is your biggest late-night cravings?
Image via thebittenword.com/Flickr