Snickers, in my opinion, is the crown jewel of the candy world. It takes all things delicious -- chocolate, nuts, caramel -- and makes them even more delicious by combination, somehow. And, similarly, the cupcake is the piece de resistance of the dessert world. So, what happens when you mesh the two treats together? A whole lot of deliciousness, that's what.
Ladies and gents, I'd like to introduce you to my friend, the Snickers Cupcake. She couldn't possibly be more delicious or easy to make. And she needs to get in your belly this instant. Yum.
Snickers Cupcakes adapted from Epicurious
For the cake:
For the frosting:
1. In a large bowl, mix together the cake, pudding mix, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs, water, and vanilla.
2. Evenly divide the batter amongst 2 muffins tins (greased or lined with muffin papers).
3. Gently push a frozen Snickers Miniature bar into the center of the batter and smooth the surface making sure to cover the candy bar with batter.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 350 until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean -- about 18-22 minutes.
5. Cool cupcakes thoroughly on wire rack.
6. Make frosting: Cream the butter and shortening in the bowl of an electric or stand mixer. Add the vanilla extract, salt, and caramel syrup and combine well.
7. Begin adding in the sugar and mixing thoroughly after each addition. After all of the sugar has been added and mixed thoroughly, give it a taste and decide if you want to add in more caramel syrup. For thicker frosting you can gradually add in a little more sugar.
8. Frost cooled cupcakes.
9. Garnish with chopped Snickers bars and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Image via Jamiesrabbits/Flickr